Press Release #9 - GRADUATION OF ACADEMY BATCH #3

Moderators: Command Staff, Executive Staff, OoAS: Public Relations and Information Division Command

Nicholas Gares
Deputy Sheriff (Bonus I)
Deputy Sheriff (Bonus I)
RC-RP Forum Name: War Crime
Badge Number: #274

Press Release #9 - GRADUATION OF ACADEMY BATCH #3

Postby Nicholas Gares » February 11th, 2018, 8:27 pm

February 11, 2018

ACADEMY BATCH #03 GRADUATION CEREMONY
By Deputy Sheriff III Jeffrey Ricketts #274

Academy Batch #3 Graduation - © SANN CEO Pippa Ashworth

It is that time of the season again. For the first time in the year 2018, the graduation ceremony for Academy Batch #03 was held in the Ceremony Hall of Dillimore Sheriff’s Office. These Deputy Sheriff Generalists, who endured some of the most intense and lengthy forms of training, succeeded in their formal welcoming as fulltime deputy sheriff’s within the San Andreas County Sheriff’s Office. From 5 January to 16 January, the Recruitment and Training Unit received a total of 51 applications. Whilst a select few of these applications fell under the were duplicates, a total of 41 separate applicants had applied. Out of said number, 23 applicants had actually succeeded in making it to the academic stage. Only 16 of these academy students were able to take and pass their exams, where they were forwarded to the Field Training Stage on January 25. Only 12 of these academy students were able to meet expectations and endure the high set standards, with those who sat the Field Training Exam achieving majority success, with a positive pass rate of 92.3%.

FTU Graduation Statistics - © Captain Christopher Kenway

Before proceeding to the ins and outs of the graduation ceremony, although a significant amount of Generalists were unable to attend the ceremony, we would like to congratulate the following deputies in their push to progress through serving their community and State, as they are now serving within our ranks!

Congratulations to:
  • Arthur Henderson
  • Peyton Blonde
  • Jonathan Donaldson
  • Sebastian King
  • Oliver Moareno
  • Joseph Corey
  • Franklin Prinz
  • Esteban Herrera
  • Henry Greene
  • Jason Auclair
  • Vanessa Dean
  • John McDowall
  • Jason Radley

The ceremony took off at 4:00 this afternoon, with spectators settling themselves into the seats at the San Andreas County Sheriff's Office's ceremony hall. The Generalists were marched in under the command of Lead Detective Claude Fowler over to the front of the ceremony hall, where they were placed in order before handing over the spotlight to Captain Christopher Kenway. The Captain took us through the entire academic process, creating some what of a story as to how the Generalists ended up where they are now, and highlighting the obstacles they faced they they were able to overcome.

Following on from this, the microphone was passed over to Sheriff Deacon Bohannon, who expressed nothing besides pure delight and gratification in his speech. In his speech, he thanked all those who attended the ceremony, seeming very pleased by the fact that the graduation ceremony was not delayed due to uncontrollable emergencies, which consequently delayed the previous graduation of Academy Batch #2 by one hour and thirty minutes. Bohannon proceeded to reflect upon the future of the department, and particularly the role that the graduating Generalists play in preserving integrity and showing dedication in the department. And most importantly, letting them know that now is the start of a long and opportunity filled experience.

Bohannon delivering his speech - © SANN CEO Pippa Ashworth

Coming after the speech were the special awards. As per usual, a total of three awards were awarded to three Generalists based on their score in the academic exam, exceptional performance, and most improvement on the field. Congratulations on their achievement, the list goes as follows:
High Achiever Award - Jason Auclair

Exceptional Generalist Award - Peyton Blonde

Most Improved Generalist Award - Henry Greene

Auclair receiving his award - © SANN CEO Pippa Ashworth

After the special awards were handed out, the graduates repeated the oath after Sheriff Bohannon, formally swearing themselves in as law enforcement officers within the San Andreas County Sheriff's Office. The oath is goes follows:
The Oath wrote:I, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States; and the Constitution of the State of San Andreas, against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the Constitution of the United States and the Consitution of the State of San Andreas; that I take this obligation freely. Without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties upon which I am about to enter, as a Deputy of the San Andreas County Sheriff's Office, so help me God.

Generalists repeat the Oath - © SANN CEO Pippa Ashworth

After the reciting of the oath, the crowd applauded the recent graduates in their success, wishing them good luck in their journey ahead of them.

After exiting the ceremony hall, Deputy Richard Hill was able to obtain a few statements from our recent graduates Sebastian King, John McDowall, and Jason Auclair, to get their opinion on how they found their time and what they look forward to in serving the San Andreas County Sheriff's Office.

Jason Auclair's Graduation Statement
"I was looking for a job, to be quite honest. I saw SACSO's facebook posts, decided to look through the governmental website, noticed that you were hiring, and thought that that would make an interesting career, so I applied. My application got accepted, and I attended the interview. It was the second batch of the academy, and to be honest, I did fail the interview. Maybe it was because I was too insecure, or maybe because I had little knowledge of certain things, but I didn't give up though. I did reapply, and I did end up to where I am now, thanks to my stubborn nature. The academy was where I learned practical police work, the procedures and the basic things associated with law enforcement. The deputies were quite helpful, especially on the academy. As for the patrolling experience, I spent most of the time with my field training deputy, Sergeant Harris, along with Deputy Bullock, both of which were very patient and helpful. Thanks to great examples such as them, I have been able to learn and adapt to my new working environment.
A general message and an advice from me to the general public - do not give up. Even if you get denied in the process of applying, never surrender. If you stick by those rules, you will succeed at the end. There are many good people in the Office who can assist you and help you, at any point of the day."
John McDowall's Graduation Statement
"I applied for SACSO because I have always had a passion for Law Enforcement, I moved to Red County from California due to personal reasons and I had to give up my position as a Lieutenant in the LAPD. The academy was a great experience, it allowed me to gain all the knowledge I need to thrive at my job, I also met new people. The most interesting thing about my experience so far is when I had to solve an issue regarding a suspected bank robber, It turned out that after me taking a fair amount of time to investigate thoroughly, the bank robber was only trying to give himself a better image, his friend and the friends friend were arrested as they had shot the bank robber previously. If I were to say anything to Red Counties population, it would be this: SACSO aren't the bad guys, we put ourselves in harm's way so you don't have to, trust us and the work we do."

Sebastian King's Graduation Statement
"I applied for SACSO. It is quite evident that there has been a gradual increase in the rate of felonious activities during these recent years. For instance, we had a bomb-threat situation earlier near the Montgomery Bank which makes me believe that there's a dire need of individuals in SACSO who're capable & fit to resolve all these situations for the safety & betterment of the citizens of Red County. I have faith in what I've learned from my academics and I believe that I can really utilize and implement all the knowledge which would be beneficial to both the department & the residents of the County.
The academy was a difficult and instructive path. I am very happy that I was allowed to take this path and also achieved it. Without the good information from the supervisors I would not have made it, the information I received was much, but also important. Also the friendship that I made during the ride is also really nice. I

have learned how to deal with emotions and how to respond to them. It is a high point of my life this ride.
The interesting part of my patrol is that I am allowed to interact with civilians. I like to be a social person because there is a part in me that needs it. If someone needs help I am always ready, I think it is part of our job to help people still for small things. People who violate the law I will not let go just so quickly. There is a law for something that needs to be followed and I am honored that I can ensure that everyone follows the law on my patrols, so I can make our people feel safe in their city.
SACSO is there for you when you need it, we will make every effort to put you at ease in your own county. SACSO work well together to ensure that you are safe. IF you wish to join SACSO definitely do it because it is a unique opportunity in your life. We are a family and we help our community by serving them."

We also managed to speak with Director of Field Training, Captain Christopher Kenway, to get his general thoughts on how this academy batch went down.

Captain Kenway's Statement
"Batch three was a very competivie batch with well over 30 applications. With our high expectations and standards, only 18 of those candidates were successful in making it into the Academy. From there, 16 Students were promoted to Deputy Sheriff Generalist. Throughout this two week period of Field Training, Generalists had to complete a rigerous training programme and we are left with 12 successful Deputies ready to embark on theircareers as Deputy Sheriff I's within the Sheriff's Office. Through their hard work and the dedication and expertise given to them by Field Training Staff and the Departmental Supervisory Teams we have 12 new deputies of whom I'm confident will serve this community to the best of their abilities, promote positive ethics and follow the core values of this Department. Congratulations to all."

As always, we wish to thank everyone for attending the Graduation Ceremony and for showing their support to not only the San Andreas County Sheriff's Office, but also the recent graduates themselves. We look forward to seeing them in the field and hope that in the next batch, we will see nothing besides the high levels of commitment seen in that of Academy Batch #03.

© San Andreas County Sheriff's Office, 2018

Public Affairs Office
San Andreas County Sheriff's Office
Crest Road, Dillimore

Code: Select all

[fdivbox=#ffffff][hr][/hr][font=Verdana][color=#492811][b]{Firstname Lastname}[/b][/color]
{Insert Comment Here}[/font][/fdivbox]

Natalie Luque
State Court
State Court
RC-RP Forum Name: Abdulaziz

Re: Press Release #9 - GRADUATION OF ACADEMY BATCH #3

Postby Natalie Luque » February 11th, 2018, 8:29 pm

Hannah Olson
Good read Ricketts, Congratulations to the generalists as well.

Richard Hill
Deputy Sheriff (Bonus I)
Deputy Sheriff (Bonus I)
RC-RP Forum Name: Smajk
Badge Number: #203

Re: Press Release #9 - GRADUATION OF ACADEMY BATCH #3

Postby Richard Hill » February 11th, 2018, 9:08 pm

Richard Hill
Pleasent read, Ricketts! Great work from Recruitment & Training and the Generalists. I wish you all the best!

Return to “Press Releases”