November Newsletter

Moderator: Executive Staff

Jason Rowland
RC-RP Forum Name: Smally
Badge Number: #012

November Newsletter

Postby Jason Rowland » December 6th, 2018, 8:00 pm

Message from the SheriffHello all,

We are now just over forty eight hours into my leadership and I must say I am rather pleased on how smooth things have been so far. Things are starting to fall in place in terms of the Executive Staff and we have all slotted into our relevant appointments. Now, whilst you might have not seen much if any change yourselves I can assure you that both myself and the remainder of the leadership team are working hard behind the scenes on numerous things.

We had a leadership meeting last night and discussed several minor things that we will be changing effectively, all of which will be announced in due course. One of the main things we discussed was the change to the SASP, the plan is that we are all going to put together a project plan for the remainder of this month and slowly begin to work towards the transition. However, with it being the festive period we will start really pushing for the change in the new year. Once we have the project plan finalised a version of it will be shared in the form of the topic, to allow for comments and suggestions regarding the change. As well as any questions to be asked in one location.

Now, unless you're a division leader or part of one our supervisory teams you may not always be up to date with the progress of the transition. So it has been decided that we will bring back newsletter, as I believe they were quite a nice way to deliver general announcements about the operations of the department to the wider department. During the transition period you may find we post more than one newsletter a month as we reach major milestones. Going forward, we will aim for a minimum of bi-monthly newsletters, and post ad-hoc ones as required. The reason behind this, is there's only so much you can write about and having the pressure to post one every month you find yourself writing for no reason.

Over the upcoming week, I will be looking to arrange another departmental meeting type thing, where myself and the ES team will be present and you can ask questions about the transition or about our leadership.

That's enough rambling from me for now, the rest of the newsletter will consist of different announcements issued by the executive staff.

If you have any questions please feel free to reply.

Thanks,
Sheriff Jason Rowland
Office of Administrative ServicesEffective immediately, I, Assistant Sheriff Matthew Robinson have been appointed as the Director for the Office of Administrative Services. Captain Lockhart and those commanding the units below her have been playing a key role in organising an academy batch kicking off with its first academy session on January the 5th. Captain Lockhart has kept the Recruitment and Training bureau in good stead and the upcoming batch looks promising considering the recruitment has only been open for 5 days.

Currently, every single division and unit within the Office is in need of a deputy director aside from the WLD where the placement of a deputy director is taking place. This is a key issue I will be working on throughout the month of December and hope to have all of these slots filled for the new year. I intend working with each division seperately on a personal basis in order to make sure their division or unit is appealing and gives everyone an equal opportunity to progress through the hierarchy whilst holding an NCO rank. I urge anyone who is interested in taking up one of the various supervisory roles available to apply for said division before attempting to inquire.

The Office currently holds the following divisions and units:
  • Weapon Licensing Division (WLD)
  • Public Relations and Information Division (PRID)
  • Recruitment and Training Division (R&T)
      - Academic Training Unit
      - Field Training Unit
      - Recruitment Unit

I expect a lot from my division leaders (communication is key to achieving and goals we have) but looking at the individual units and their directors, I can already see that my expectations will be met. Over the coming weeks I will be speaking with all directors to set out a clear roadmap for the Office, heading towards the San Andreas State Police transition towards the end of the first quarter of 2019.

Matthew Robinson
Closure of the Office of the SheriffThe Office of the Sheriff currently holds one unit, the Force Investigations Unit (FIU), the FIU plays a key role in making sure any wrongdoing or misconduct is followed up on and where required, investigated further. The Office of the Sheriff in the past has been used as a way to give a title to the Sheriff so it shows that they are 'responsible' for something, this will no longer be the case.

By December 31st, the Office will be closed and the FIU will be merged into the Office of Administrative Services. This allows the Executive Staff to understand fully their roles within the department and allows for a better 'overwatch' system to be implemented. The leadership of FIU will remain unchanged and I will personally be working with the Director and Deputy Director in order to create a properly efficient system that takes into account the roleplay, the victim(s) and the suspect(s) - and of course that any case is dealt with by an impartial deputy whom understands the role of being fair in any situation. I am considering opening up an internal recruitment system for the Force Investigations Unit however this will be something that will appear in the new year. If anyone has any questions regarding FIU they can be forwarded to myself or Lieutenant Jackson Young.

Matthew Robinson
Assistant Sheriff FisherHello employees,

As most of you have already noticed I have been brought into the department with the recent changes that you guys have undergone. Sheriff Rowland has offered me a position to help bring forth the necessary changes to the department and I hope to work with all of you to bring the department back into the light it needs to be in. Some of you aren't aware of who I am per se, I hope to show you with my efforts in the department. I'm not here to sit in my rank and collect a paycheck. That being said I expect a little more effort than I've seen coming into the department. We need to bring Law Enforcement back to where it needs to be in this State, and that's back in the positive light. I will be assuming the role of the Director of Field Services. With that, I will be going over the divisions and reassessing them to make sure they are running as they should be. I've never been one to drone on about a subject let alone make it pointlessly lengthy. I do have an open door policy to all deputies, however, please try to keep it to related questions to my rank. If it's something a Sergeant or Lieutenant can handle please indulge them. For the time being, I ask that you allow me some time to settle in and get to know each of you and assist me in the transfer I am undergoing. I've recently come from the city of Detroit, nasty place, glad to be somewhere more rural and accommodating. I'll try to leave some of my city mannerisms behind but just bear with me while I adjust to the different policing styles and lingo.

Thanks for reading,
Assistant Sheriff Fisher

((Glad to be back lads. Good to see you again, for those who don't know who I am... it's me! Payne, Holmes, Walker, Spivey etc. I'm back. I've come to help and bring back some good leadership. Glad to be here boys and girls. See you in the field!))
Executive PromotionsCongratulations to the following deputies for their hard work and dedication throughout the month of November!

Deputy Sheriff -> Deputy Sheriff Bonus I
Daniella Peralez
Malik Washington

Deputy Sheriff I -> Deputy Sheriff Bonus II
Matthew Gomez
Halton Gray
Tyrone Wilson
Cameron Bridger

Deputy Sheriff Bonus I -> Master Deputy
Marcus Nadler
Jake Gibbs

Congratulations to those who made the cut this month.

If anyone feels like they've been overlooked or missed within the promotions this month, forward your query to a member of the command staff.

Monthly AwardsEach Month a Deputy of the Month, Sergeant of the Month and a Command Member of the Month are selected for dedication and hard work into the department. Members selected are entitled to a bonus check of $50,000, and a personal cruiser for the month. This personal cruiser may be a LSPD, SFPD, or LVPD.

This month we have chosen to only elect a Deputy of the Month.

Deputy of the Month
The Deputy of the Month for November is Deputy Sheriff I Marcus Nadler!

Command Staff and Supervisory Staff chose Deputy Sheriff I Marcus Nadler as the Deputy of the Month. Due to his excellent work within the VICE unit. Over the past month he has been working hard behind the scenes to ensure that the VICE division is working flawlessly and effectively.

Joseph Kennedy
RC-RP Forum Name: ConnorA
Badge Number: #869

Re: November Newsletter

Postby Joseph Kennedy » December 6th, 2018, 8:02 pm

Congratulations everyone well deserved, same for Nadler!

Damario Peralez
RC-RP Forum Name: Vanzkidd
Badge Number: #144

Postby Damario Peralez » December 6th, 2018, 8:02 pm

Congrats Nad!

Christian Underwood
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
RC-RP Forum Name: JacenM
Badge Number: #126

Postby Christian Underwood » December 6th, 2018, 8:03 pm

Good work folks!

Marcus Nadler
RC-RP Forum Name: Nadlerson

Postby Marcus Nadler » December 6th, 2018, 8:17 pm

so i get a sultan home?

Bo McDermott
RC-RP Forum Name: Thomas01
Badge Number: #822

Postby Bo McDermott » December 6th, 2018, 8:20 pm

Congratulations, folks.

Matthew Robinson
Retired High Command
Retired High Command

Postby Matthew Robinson » December 6th, 2018, 8:28 pm

Marcus Nadler wrote:so i get a sultan home?

good one

Tyrone Wilson
RC-RP Forum Name: Commodore
Badge Number: #279

Postby Tyrone Wilson » December 6th, 2018, 8:31 pm

Congratulations.

Thomas Wertz
RC-RP Forum Name: Alko
Badge Number: #256

Postby Thomas Wertz » December 6th, 2018, 8:47 pm

Congrats!

Emma Russell
Deputy Sheriff
Deputy Sheriff
RC-RP Forum Name: KD83
Badge Number: #210

Postby Emma Russell » December 6th, 2018, 8:52 pm

Gratz!

Jake Gibbs
RC-RP Forum Name: Gibbs.

Postby Jake Gibbs » December 6th, 2018, 9:15 pm

Good to see, can't say I've been the most active this week due to IRL but its good to see some positive changes.

Daniella Peralez
Deputy Sheriff (Bonus I)
Deputy Sheriff (Bonus I)
RC-RP Forum Name: BurnToast
Badge Number: #302

Postby Daniella Peralez » December 6th, 2018, 9:17 pm

Uh... congrats weirdos

Riley Lynch
Deputy Sheriff (Bonus II)
Deputy Sheriff (Bonus II)
RC-RP Forum Name: Copeland
Badge Number: #120

Postby Riley Lynch » December 6th, 2018, 9:34 pm

Congratulations folks, good luck with the new changes!

Crazy Andre
RC-RP Forum Name: Smallman

Postby Crazy Andre » December 6th, 2018, 9:48 pm

Good job.

Adam Hobbs
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
RC-RP Forum Name: Toasted
Badge Number: #125

Postby Adam Hobbs » December 6th, 2018, 9:52 pm