October Newsletter

Moderator: Executive Staff

Thomas Walker

October Newsletter

Postby Thomas Walker » November 2nd, 2017, 7:25 pm

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Good Afternoon Deputies,

Well hasn't the first month flew in? It's hard to believe that we've been operating at full for four weeks, and we've already welcomed our first batch of Deputy Sheriffs. With incoming members, as expected, we had some outgoing members this month as well, as we waved goodbye to Assistant Sheriff Matthew Lynch through personal resignation. I'd like to take this opportunity to wish him all the best in his future endeavours.

We've had a tricky time of it with different Government agencies since our introduction, but it appears our slight issue with the RCFD has been resolved and both Departments are working like a well oiled machine. I completely appreciate everyone's reasoning behind becoming frustrated at the RCFD, however the issues they had, have now been fully addressed. Full co-operation is expected at all times.

On the same topic, the Courts is still a relationship we're working on at the moment. It has been rocky, granted through much choice of this administration, however it is something we are aiming to resolve before the close of November. Preliminary talks will be requested with the Courts to iron out any ongoing issues, with the intention of building on this foundation to build a long lasting, efficient relationship.

To return to the point of the Executive Staff, we have had one leave and at this point in time have no intention of filling this role until at least 2018. The way in which this Department was established allows for any Command members to run a Bureau, so we can operate to our full potential even with three Executive Staff. If you have any questions regarding this decision, feel free to approach me.

In some more good news, we've successfully kickstarted our brand new Public Affairs team led by Eloise Fitzgerald. The team is low in numbers at the moment, and I highly encourage as many of you to get involved as possible. Public Affairs is a great stepping stone into a great administrative career, and throughout the history of Law Enforcement in San Andreas has been a major boost into supervisory positions.

To wrap up my opening, I'd like to talk about an idea I've been sharing with staff for a while regarding a career open day. I finally feel like we're in a position to organise this, and we will be working with Divisional Leadership to arrange this open day for internal staff only, scheduled Sunday 5th November 2017, at 7PM ((UK Time.)) Further announcement will follow tomorrow night.

As usual, my doors open. If I'm around and you need anything answered, just knock.

Sheriff Thomas Walker.
ImageImage

Demotions and Departuers
Doc Walker - > Resignation
Major Doc Walker has had issues since the launch of the Sheriff's Office, and has opted to resign due to this. He has been unable to commit any time since the beginning, and a mutual agreement was reached and Major Walker has resigned on good terms.

Acting Lieutenant Fredrick Harris - > Demotion
Lieutenant Harris during his time in the SACSO was tasked with constructing a Pursuit Support Unit that was unique, and innovating. During the period of constructed the unit, many of his handbooks and guides for internal staff still contained references to previous Departments, i.e. SASP. Harris was demoted for failure to commit enough effort to his Command decision, and opted to resign at the rank of Corporal. Harris has resigned on good terms.

Acting Lieutenant Aiden Fletcher - > Resignation
A poor performance leading into Batch #1, a review was made on Lieutenant Fletcher. During this time it was found that the units he was running during Recruitment Batch #1 were operating in-efficiently, and was given a second chance in Batch #2. However, Fletcher was not able to complete this and opted for a resignation. Fletcher also resigned on good terms.

Promotions and Reinstatements
Lieutenant Jason Rowland - > Promotion (Captain)
Rowland has been at the forefront of the SACSO, working publicly and behind the scenes to ensure the transition from SASP to SACSO was as smooth as possible. He has done this with nothing but 100% dedication and effort, and is currently re-working the Supervisory Handbook. This promotion is with the intention of making Rowland the Major within two weeks, and assigning a current Lieutenant to the rank of Captain at this point in time. This will be fully reviewed by the Executive Staff at the end of the two week period.

Staff Sergeant Jason Kennedy - > Promotion (Acting Lieutenant)
Staff Sergeant Kennedy has been one of the success stores of the SASP transfer. A shock to many, he has been able to persevere and perform outstandingly in this new style of police work. Kennedy has done an excellent job with the SWAT team, and was invited personally by Sheriff Walker to the CiT scheme. However, due to this scheme being a work in progress, and the departures listed above, Kennedy was promoted to Acting Lieutenant, and tasked to shadow fellow Command Staff. This will be reviewed entirely at the end of the four week period.

Corporal Michael Gallagher - > Promotion (Acting Lieutenant)
Gallagher, a previous Sheriff and Deputy Chief of Police in other Departments, brings a wealth of experience and knowledge to our Command Staff ranks. Gallagher will immediately take the reigns of the Field Services Bureau sliding straight into Harris' place. Left behind by Harris is old,
and outdated guides and documents which Gallagher aims to fix first of all. He will also be visible on patrol on a regular basis to assist with supervisory queries, and deal with the current M4 issue.

In the coming weeks, Sheriff Walker will be finalising the new Command in Training scheme, and will be looking for one CiT candidate from each shift. Pay attention the announcements in the coming weeks.
ImageImage

Deputy of the Month
Every month we recognise the Deputy that we feel has put the most effort in, and has gone beyond the line of duty multiple times during the month.

Deputy of the Month
This award is given to Andre Thompson who has performed the best out of the Non-Commissioned bracket throughout the month of September.

As this month comes to an end, we would like to take the time to announce and commend an outstanding employee within the San Andreas County Sheriff's Office. This member of the Sheriff's Office puts in incredible work, and shows dedication to the Sheriff's Office. His work within CIU has not gone unnoticed. I'm proud to announce that the employee of the month is Detective I Andre Thompson. Congratulations and continue to keep up the good work within the Sheriff's Office.

((On an OOC note, the Command Staff and Executive Staff decided on Andre Thompson before his ban, and we decided that the award will stay. This is not saying we award people who are banned, this is us noticing someone who has put hard work and dedication into the faction itself. If you have a problem with this, please forward all inquires to Undersheriff Deacon Bohannon, please have [PSB] at the title. Thank you))
Supervisor of the Month
It is easier for a NCO to be recognised for their duties, as a Sergeant has to consistently do Supervisory work which can easily go unnoticed. However, we take this moment within the newsletter to recognise the best Supervisor of the month, who has performed outstandingly in the field, and administratively.

Supervisor of the Month
This award is given to Howard Clarke who has performed the best out of the Supervisory bracket throughout the month of September.

Clarke faced a lot of adversity during the transition process, and asked for assistance in his unit, the Academic Training Unit. Through being neglected by his Bureau Directors, he continued on and has made grounds into Sheriff's Academy #2.
ImageImage

Employee Statistics

Executive Staff - 3 (3.26%) -1.18%
Image Sheriff - 1 (1.09%) -0.02%
Image Undersheriff - 1 (1.09%) -0.02%
Image Assistant Sheriff - 1 (1.09%) -0.02%

Command Staff - 5 (5.43%) -3.50%
Image Major - 0 (0.00%) +/- 0.00%
Image Captain - 1 (1.09%) -0.02%
Image Lieutenant - 4 (4.35%) -1.21%

Supervisory Staff - 7 (7.61%) -3.50%
Master Sergeant - 1 (1.09%) +1.09%
Staff Sergeant CiT - 0 (0.00%) +/- 0.00%
Staff Sergeant - 0 (0.00%) -1.11%
Sergeant - 6 (6.52%) -0.15%
Corporal (Sergeant in Training) - 1 (1.09%) -2.24%

Senior Non-Commissioned Officers - 31 (33.7%) -0.74%
Corporal (Det III) - 10 (10.87%) -3.57%
Deputy Sheriff III (Det II) - 21 (22.83%) +2.83%

Junior Non-Commissioned Officers - 42 (45.65%) +8.98%
Deputy Sheriff II (Det I) - 18 (19.57%) +5.13%
Deputy Sheriff I - 24 (26.09%) +3.87%

Deputy Sheriff Generalist - 0 (00.00%) +/-0.00%

Civilian Roles - 4 (4.35%) -1.21%
Parking Enforcement Operator - 4 (4.35%) -1.21%

Overall Employees - 92 (+ 2)
Plus and minus statistics are as per previously released newsletter.
ImageImage

Firearms Seized

Handguns
9mm Pistol: Five (5)
Desert Eagle: Seventeen (17)
Silenced Pistol: Nine (9)

Shotguns
Shotgun: Eleven (11)
Sawn-Off Shotgun: Six (6)

Submachine Guns
MAC-10(Micro Uzi): Twenty Five (25)
TEC-9: Three (3)
MP5: Seven (7)

Assault Rifles
AK-47: Fifteen (15)
M4: One (1)

Rifles
Country Rifle: Eight (8)
Substances Seized

Cocaine: 732 grams
Weed: 2220 grams
Heroin: 50 grams
Value of Seizures: $5,309,080 USD.
*All seizure statistics are correct as of 22:49, 31st October, 2017.

Over the month of October, the San Andreas County Sheriff Office has seen a large rise in the sale, distribution and manufacture of narcotics. A series of busts conducted by the Office has shown us we are faced with an ever growing challenge. After a huge influx of gang related crimes within the area of Blueberry, it has become a hot-spot for heroin, a dangerous and deadly drug. The San Andreas County Sheriff's Office stays truly committed to eradicating the State's ever growing drug epidemic.
ImageImage

This month's Deputy Spotlight was written by Air Support Unit Director Jess Kenway:
Jess Kenway wrote:Hello!
With the Sheriff’s Office now working in full motion, I wanted to take the opportunity to invite you Deputies to become a part of the Air Support Unit. The ASU division is a vital resource to the Pursuit Support Unit and the department as a whole and week on week, we are utilised in numerous situations that I’m sure you’re all familiar with such as high-speed pursuits as well as airborne reconnaissance and suspect surveillance. At this moment in time, we have 11 certified pilots that are able to deploy this asset. With a department of our size and scale I would love to see more deputies taking the leap and applying for their certification. Once certified you will have access to a multitude of support along with fellow pilots through training sessions that will be held by myself and Instructor Andre Thompson to help develop your flying and updating abilities in the air to maximise our efficiency as a division and maximise our success rates of positive outcomes for any deployments.

Want to get involved and get another certification under your belt?

Then apply now; you must be a Deputy Sheriff I or above with a valid A1 license.

Application Form: CLICK ME

Thanks for reading,
Sergeant Jess Kenway
Air Support Unit Director

If you're interested in taking this article next month, please send Sheriff Walker an email, with the tag [DSP] by the next newsletter.
ImageImage

Deacon Bohannon wrote:Another month coming to an end, over the past month there have been changes within the SACSO, some good, some not so good, but regardless of the situation, we've continued to power through it. With that being said, those who continue to put in the hard work and dedication that is needed to push this faction ahead, from the NCO's, to the Supervisory Team, to even the Command Staff, all of your hard work is what makes this faction move along smoothly, I want to say, I'm proud of everyone who continues to put in this hard work and dedication. I look forward to continuing to work along side of all you.

Undersheriff Deacon Bohannon

Elijah Walters wrote:As the month of October rounds out, we have seen our first fully operational month within the San Andreas County Sheriff's Office. We've faced problems throughout the month, and are well on the way to rectifying these. I'd like to use this opportunity to personally give a warm welcome to Lieutenant Michael Gallagher, transferring in from out of State, he brings with him a plethora of law enforcement and management experience.

Over the month, I've worked closely with both the Criminal Intelligence Unit and the Special Weapons and Tactics team in order to rejuvenate our proactive approach to policing the State. The Criminal Intelligence Unit has been working hard over the month to combat the evident narcotic problem within the state, however this is a war that is poised to rage on for some time. The Special Weapons and Tactics team have gone from a stale, reactive force, to providing a heavy presence and response in crime infested areas in order to attempt to suppress those who attempt to provide misery and despair for others, a special thanks to Tyler Hansen, Noah Arnett, Matthew Hudson, Nicholas Patterson and Lieutenant Jason Kennedy for their efforts.

As we move into the month of November, we are continuously seeing improvement to our Office, and will continue to keep working closely with the State and staff in order to provide the most efficient policing we possibly can. With this being said, I'd like to give my good luck and best wishes to all of those hopeful individuals and future deputies embarking on our academy scheme for batch #2. On one final note, I'd like to pass my congratulations to deputy Andre Thompson for gaining the prestigious award of deputy of the month for October and to Brett Carson for his recent efforts during our first ever field training stage.

Until next month,

Elijah Walters
Assistant Sheriff
ImageImage

After the first few days of implementing the Office's new promotion system I realised a huge flaw within the system itself, and the points system it is based around. We have already worked out a fix for this, however the fix will not affect this months point total, as we didn't want to move goal posts around, and that is the reasoning that we are announcing promotions via the newsletter as opposed to when select individuals reach their point and service time threshold. The system is extremely time consuming to update and maintain and we are currently looking into a more efficient system and database in order to maximise the potential of the system itself. Moving on, over the course of the next month, we will see the implementation of seizure, arrest and possibly traffic reports in order to accumulate more points based on field performance, once these changes are live it will be updated through the patrol services unit portal, which all standard deputies will be given access to. The total amount of points needed may also change, but you should reference the patrol services unit for an official announcement should this be the case.

Image Deputy Sheriff I -> Image Deputy Sheriff II
Samantha Hall
Kevin Dupree
James Selman
Spencer Clifford

Image Deputy Sheriff II -> Image Deputy Sheriff III
Donovan Mercer
Noah Arnett
Brett Carson

Image Deputy Sheriff III -> Image Corporal
Nathan Skinner
Matthew Hudson
Mike Miller

Minimal promotions from the rank of Deputy Sheriff III to Corporal will be processed until further notice, we are currently looking into the Corporal role, and those who met the criteria for promotion from the DSIII bracket will be contacted shortly in order to speak about their progression within the office, a reminder of DSIII's and Corporals that the Sergeant in Training scheme is currently open.

Please be aware that these promotions are strictly based upon the new point system, a vast majority of people were very close to achieving the required amount of points however in some cases deputies met the points requirement but did not meet the minimum service requirement. In the next week, divisional leadership teams will be asked for promotion recommendations of deputies housed in their respective bureau's and units, so don't be disheartened if you weren't promoted here. For any urgent requests or tallied points queries please send an email to Assistant Sheriff Elijah Walters, starting the subject with [PSU].
ImageImage

Unfortunately we were unable to find the time and resources this month to put this into force, and guarantee this space available to all staff by the next newsletter.

Apologies from the Executive Staff.
ImageImage

During the past month, many changes have occurred, from the loss of some Command Staff and Executive Staff, to the additions of old blood and new blood into the Command Staff. We also have the new Deputy Sherrif's from Batch #01 joining us this month, and we look forward to working with them from here on out. We look forward to the coming Batch #02 and the Deputies it will bring. Although this month we've had a rough spot here and there, we will continue to push forward. The Sheriff's Office will continue to work on improving itself and the deputies within it.

Thank you for reading, and thank you for all your support!

Undersheriff Deacon Bohannon

Sheriff Thomas Walker

Head of Staff,
Dedicated to your safety, the desire to serve your community,
Integrity, Leadership, Partnership, Service, Responsibility,
Serving within the State since 2010.

Noah Arnett
RC-RP Forum Name: Khaleesi
Badge Number: #488

Re: October Newsletter

Postby Noah Arnett » November 2nd, 2017, 7:27 pm

Congratulations everyone! Onwards and upwards.
RET. 2nd LIEUTENANT NOAH ELLIOT ARNETT
Sheriff's Office— "Liberty and Justice Under Law."
Commanding Officer, Special Weapons Team
Director, Supervisory Staff

Daniel Winters
RC-RP Forum Name: ItayMayo
Badge Number: #477

Postby Daniel Winters » November 2nd, 2017, 7:28 pm

Nice one Thompson
BUREAU CHIEF DANIEL WINTERS
DEPUTY DIRECTOR JAMES WALLACE
SAN ANDREAS BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION

ImageImageImage

Laverne Bullock
Badge Number: #119

Postby Laverne Bullock » November 2nd, 2017, 7:28 pm

very good, job well done gentlemen and congratulations

very good progress
Image Deputy Sheriff III L. Bullock

ASB: Recruitment Supervisor
FSB: Air Certified Pilot

Jack Clinton
RC-RP Forum Name: Sunca
Badge Number: #360

Postby Jack Clinton » November 2nd, 2017, 7:28 pm

nice :D

Howard Clarke
RC-RP Forum Name: Martin Houston
Badge Number: #102

Postby Howard Clarke » November 2nd, 2017, 7:29 pm

Congratulations ladies & gentlemen. Academy batch #2 is going to be unique and new.
DEPUTY SHERIFF BONUS II HOWARD CLARKE
TRAFFIC SUPERVISOR, TRAFFIC ENFORCEMENT UNIT
TRAINING SUPERVISOR, ACADEMIC TRAINING UNIT

SAN ANDREAS COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE
"Si vis Pacem, para Bellum"

Thomas Walker

Postby Thomas Walker » November 2nd, 2017, 7:29 pm

Howard Clarke wrote:Congratulations ladies & gentlemen. Academy batch #2 is going to be unique and new.

Holding you to that ;)

Sheriff Thomas Walker

Head of Staff,
Serving within the State since 2010.

cholo18
RC-RP Forum Name: n
Badge Number: #155

Postby cholo18 » November 2nd, 2017, 7:29 pm

thanks guys, i seriously i did not expect that, proud to be part of the faction

Howard Clarke
RC-RP Forum Name: Martin Houston
Badge Number: #102

Postby Howard Clarke » November 2nd, 2017, 7:37 pm

Thomas Walker wrote:
Howard Clarke wrote:Congratulations ladies & gentlemen. Academy batch #2 is going to be unique and new.

Holding you to that ;)

Won't let you down. ;)
DEPUTY SHERIFF BONUS II HOWARD CLARKE
TRAFFIC SUPERVISOR, TRAFFIC ENFORCEMENT UNIT
TRAINING SUPERVISOR, ACADEMIC TRAINING UNIT

SAN ANDREAS COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE
"Si vis Pacem, para Bellum"

Alex Ramirez
RC-RP Forum Name: Natural

Postby Alex Ramirez » November 2nd, 2017, 7:40 pm

congrats to my dude donovan mercer, much deserved :D

Mike Miller
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
RC-RP Forum Name: Mike Wilson
Badge Number: #575

Postby Mike Miller » November 2nd, 2017, 7:41 pm

Me not getting employee of the month after four months in row:
Spoiler: show

Note to Thompson:You're dead!

Sergeant Mike Miller

Commander of the Parking Enforcement Unit,
Supervisor of the Weapon Licensing Division,
Special Weapons and Tactics Senior Operative,
Emergency Services Detail Sergeant,
Master Field Training Deputy,

Serving the State since January 2017.

Previously: show
Captain Mike Miller
Morning Shift Commander,
Commander of the Canine Services Unit,
Director of the Patrol Services Unit,
Overwatch of the County Dispatch Unit,
Supervisor of the Field Training Unit,
Supervisor of the Weapon Licensing Unit,

Emily Bett
RC-RP Forum Name: B3TT
Badge Number: #489

Postby Emily Bett » November 2nd, 2017, 7:42 pm

Congrats Andre and Howard.
Great month.

Retired Detective Sergeant Emily Bett

** Supervisor Within Criminal Investigation Unit **
Serving the State since June 2017.

Nicholas Peircen
Assistant Sheriff
Assistant Sheriff
RC-RP Forum Name: Smally
Badge Number: #012

Postby Nicholas Peircen » November 2nd, 2017, 7:47 pm

Congratulations to all those promoted, good work as always.

Assistant Sheriff Nicholas Peircen

Director of Command Team & Systems,
Serving the State since 1996.

Faye Delgado-Arnett
Retired High Command
Retired High Command
RC-RP Forum Name: Giga
Badge Number: #150

Postby Faye Delgado-Arnett » November 2nd, 2017, 8:16 pm

Very interesting! Great work!
Retired Sheriff Faye Delgado-Arnett
In service: August 2011 to June 2019

Matthew Robinson
Undersheriff
Undersheriff

Postby Matthew Robinson » November 2nd, 2017, 8:20 pm

My apologies to Mike Miller who I missed off the promotions section, he has now been added.

Assistant Sheriff Matthew Robinson

Director of the Office of Field Services
Former Head of Criminal Investigation and Office of Administration,
Serving the State since November 2014.

Return to “2017 Newsletters”