September Newsletter

Moderator: Executive Staff

Thomas Walker

September Newsletter

Postby Thomas Walker » October 3rd, 2017, 9:39 am

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Good Afternoon Deputies,

The past few weeks have been extremely exciting for me, and I've enjoyed every single minute of duty so far. I feel like we've made outstanding progress so far, with a more direct style of Law Enforcement that the tri-county area is used to. However, the vast majority of civilians I have spoken to feel like this change is one for the better. For this, I must thank our Deputies. The work and effort you have all put in has been nothing short of amazing and I really am proud of every single one of you.

We built the San Andreas County Sheriff Office on "The Five Foundations," ditching the old CPR and PRIDE standards of the San Andreas State Police, introducing a fresh new way of policing. Our own style being Integrity, Leadership, Partnership, Service and Responsibility. Each of these are key in our day to day duties, and displaying them is what is expected of you in your career.

This first version of our newsletter is going to have a couple of new sections which many of you never would have seen before, so this month we will take explaining it's function, before opening them out to the Department in the coming month.

We are also going to be introducing a new promotion system, which will be directed by Assistant Sheriff Walters. We trialed it for a few Deputies in the last two weeks of September to ensure it is ready for implementation for the month of October. Points from the new system will be added into the database every Friday, so keep an eye out for an email regarding your progression over the weekend.

On the note of October, Halloween is coming up this month and we will be looking to host a public event of some kind most likely in partnership with SANews. However, this will be in a separate announcement.

At the rate we are going with this Sheriff's Office, we are destined to be known as legendary. I feel like what we've done already is ground breaking, and we're still climbing. We will be bringing awards back into full effect shortly when I've had the chance to completely review the awards from the old State Police, possibly looking at bringing our own ones in for the near future.

We'll also be looking to introduce service ribbons for all members of staff, to display those who have served in the State the longest.

This is all from me for now, but I'm sure you'll see my own input elsewhere in this newsletter. Please, enjoy reading, and stay safe.

Sheriff Thomas Walker.

We would like to take this moment to display some of the ideas we had when we first found out about the Sheriff's Office coming into effect. Here was some of our base ideas;

• Divisional Based Promotions
    We felt that upon review of the previous Law Enforcement Agency, the San Andreas State Police, that promotions were based solely on duty time, and the amount of cuffs you put on wrists. This was unfair, and we introduced the points based system spoke about in the Sheriff's Statement, which recognises divisional and administrative work bringing in a more fair and just promotion system.
  • Civilian PA Representatives
    We had an idea in our head about having PA being a civilian role, due to the lack of interest from inside the Department, however who we planned on directing the Unit has unfortunately left the State, so this may be something we have to go back on. This is still something we will keep in our heads regarding civilian PA members, but look out for a PA Director vacancy in the near future.
  • Corrections Unit
    We announced, indirectly, that we will be in charge of a Correctional Facility. At present, we are waiting on the facility itself being built, however we are going to be looking at using the Solarin building in Dillimore. Operationally, at present it does not look like it fits however we are speaking with contractors and architects about possible alternatives and methods of secure the facility.
  • Callsigns and Radio
    This is something we don't need to go into much detail about, we were looking to implement an efficient callsign system which put ownership onto your units. We accomplished this, and please see the unit system announcement for further information.
There is some things we have left from this list, due to the Executive Staff still looking at the likelihood of it being able to happen,
however we feel like we have a strong base to continue going up.

Deputy of the Month
Every month we recognise the Deputy that we feel has put the most effort in, and has gone beyond the line of duty multiple times during the month.

Deputy of the Month
This award is given to Mason Nadler who has performed the best out of the Non-Commissioned bracket throughout the month of September.

His work so far with the Task Force and in CIU has been absolutely outstanding, and is one of the reasons our seizure statistics are doing outstanding.

This is one of the hardest ribbons to achieve within the San Andreas County Sheriff's Office, and Nadler should be seen as a role model within the Department.
Supervisor of the Month
It is easier for a NCO to be recognised for their duties, as a Sergeant has to consistently do Supervisory work which can easily go unnoticed. However, we take this moment within the newsletter to recognise the best Supervisor of the month, who has performed outstandingly in the field, and administratively.

Supervisor of the Month
This award is given to Bo Trixie who has performed the best out of the Supervisory bracket throughout the month of September.

During the transition Staff Sergeant Trixie was a figurehead, giving opinions and putting in a lot of work with the Command and Executive Staff. Staff Sergeant Trixie has a bright future, as displayed with his work during the transitional phase.

Employee Statistics

Executive Staff - 4 (4.44%) +4.44%
Image Sheriff - 1 (1.11%) +1.11%
Image Undersheriff - 1 (1.11%) +1.11%
Image Assistant Sheriff - 2 (2.22%) +2.22%

Command Staff - 7 (7.78%) +7.78%
Image Major - 1 (1.11%) +1.11%
Image Captain - 1 (1.11%) +1.11%
Image Lieutenant - 5 (5.56%) +5.56%

Supervisory Staff - 10 (11.11%) +11.11%
Master Sergeant - 0 (0.00%) +/- 0.0%
Staff Sergeant CiT - 0 (0.00%) +/- 0.00%
Staff Sergeant - 1 (1.11%) +1.11%
Sergeant - 6 (6.67%) +6.67%
Corporal (Sergeant in Training) - 3 (3.33%) +3.33%

Senior Non-Commissioned Officers - 31 (34.44%) +34.44%
Corporal (Det III) - 13 (14.44%) +14.44%
Deputy Sheriff III (Det II) - 18 (20.00%) +20.00%

Junior Non-Commissioned Officers - 33 (36.67%) +33.67%
Deputy Sheriff II (Det I) - 13 (14.44%) +14.44%
Deputy Sheriff I - 20 (22.22%) +22.22%

Deputy Sheriff Generalist - 0 (00.00%) +/-0.00%

Civilian Roles - 5 (5.56%) +5.56%
Parking Enforcement Operator - 5 (5.56%) +5.56%

Overall Employees - 90 (+ 90)
Plus and minus statistics are as per previously released newsletter.

Seizure Statistics

Firearms Seized

Handguns
9mm Pistol: 0
Desert Eagle: 46
Silenced Pistol: 3

Shotguns
Shotgun: 30
Sawn-Off Shotgun: 0

Submachine Guns
MAC-10 (Micro Uzi): 37
TEC-9: 30
MP5: 25

Assault Rifles
AK-47: 4
M4: 0

Rifles
Country Rifle: 1
Substances Seized

Cocaine: 1195 grams
Weed: 2380 grams
Moonshine: X liters
Value of Seizures: 8,007,000 USD

This section of the newsletter, we will be asking Deputies monthly to write a section about their career, and their feelings on the Department, as well as a chance for them to highlight their own units and divisions. This month we have Sergeant Jason Kennedy.
Jason Kennedy wrote:Within the couple weeks in the new SACSO, I have seen a multitude of improvements within the department. Communication has improved tenfold, and I feel as if Deputies have a better grasp on civilian communication. In particular, Deputies have been communicating and even conversing with each other and with citizens around the county which is good to see in my eyes. I feel we will thrive better if we get along with the community we serve, which is why this makes me happy.

I'm overall excited about the changes made since Sheriff Walker swore in. He's done a beyond excellent job with the construction of the SACSO, both internally and externally. The chosen Executive and Command Staff are top notch and well, they seem to be motivated to work with divisions and with Deputies in the field.

I'd like to point to Lieutenant Rowland and his awesome job with the rebuild of the Supervisory Team he's been assigned to head. Supervisors are much more keen to talk to Deputies about their mistakes, instead of just suspending them, which is what we need if we're to keep Deputies motivated to work overall.

I'm excited to report that the WLU is back up and operational, I've been assigned to direct it, and I know I am capable of making the unit as efficient as possible in the coming weeks, as I have done so before. A lot of changes will be coming to the unit so stay tuned.

In conclusion, I feel this department will shine overall, whether it's handling civilian issues or overall teamwork and dedication to serving the community moving forward, and I can't wait to see the new faces of the up and coming Batch #1.

Regards,
Sergeant

We also had a quote from the Supervisory Staff Director, Lieutenant Rowland.
Lieutenant Jason Rowland wrote:During the transition period of which the San Andreas County Sheriff's Office took over from the San Andreas State Police, Staff Sergeant Trixie has shown the utmost drive and determination to ensure that the department continues to improve. His leadership ability in the field is next to none, when on scene Staff Sergeant Trixie always ensures that the situation or scene is completely under control and doesn't need direction from the higher ups. He is a model Sergeant and those who are looking to be a great Sergeant should look up to Staff Sergeant Trixie.

Like everything, the San Andreas State Police had to come to an end. Although one department's ending may be another one's beginning. The San Andreas County Sheriff's Office was called in to replace the San Andreas State Police. Both Sheriff Walker and I are excited to work with both the transfers from the San Andreas State Police, and our own Deputies that we've brought with us. We will be continuing to push changes forward within the Office to both improve and further the Sheriff's Office. What I have seen from both the Transfers and Deputies is nothing short of impressive. The work of these young men and women to protect and serve San Andreas is nothing short of impressive and valiant. I look forward to continuing to work with these brave men and women of the San Andreas County Sheriff's Office.

Undersheriff Deacon Bohannon

This month we will be giving Bulk Promotions a miss with an intention of returning to them next month. The reason for this, is that we assigned ranks only two weeks ago. During the last two weeks of September we trialled the new points-based promotion system, which will be put into effect for the entirety of October.

This section of the newsletter will be dedicated to business which our Deputies run on the side of their Law Enforcement career. They will be able to request a space to give their business exposure to the Department, and advertise Deputy discounts and offers.

There will be a format posted in the Employee Notice Board to request a spot in the newsletter, and a full advertisement will be requested from you for the next newsletter.

To wrap up the first SACSO newsletter, I wanted to commend everyone's efforts so far. The praise form the public is something I have never seen personally, and it's absolutely fantastic to see. We're 100 percent heading in the right direction to make this Sheriff's Office something amazing, however the difficult part will be maintaining this amount of effort and progress in the coming months.

We will continue challenging the face of Law Enforcement in San Andreas, regardless of budget restrictions, while giving an outstanding public image. Our aim is to continue building bonds and relationships with other Government Agencies including the Courts, and our media partners at SANews. Over the next month we will be forming a contract with News Executive Sarah McOnelly, and will hopefully look to announce this publicly soon.

We want to focus on educating our Deputies when they do wrong, rather than being a disciplinarian, as one can only learn from a mistake if they are shown the right way to do things. These are the things that will be the driving force behind this Sheriff's Office.

Thank you for reading.

Sheriff Thomas Walker

Head of Staff,
Dedicated to your safety, the desire to serve your community,
Integrity, Leadership, Partnership, Service, Responsibility,
Serving within the State since 2010.

Thomas Walker

Re: September Newsletter

Postby Thomas Walker » October 3rd, 2017, 9:39 am

We have got rid of the BS stories which randomly filled the newsletter, only important stuff from now on.

Please enjoy.

Sheriff Thomas Walker

Head of Staff,
Serving within the State since 2010.

Dane Kasprowicz
RC-RP Forum Name: Sefer

Postby Dane Kasprowicz » October 3rd, 2017, 9:41 am

yes
Deputy Sheriff Dane Kasprowicz
Administrative Services Bureau; (R&T) Field Training Unit

Nicholas Peircen
Assistant Sheriff
Assistant Sheriff
RC-RP Forum Name: Smally
Badge Number: #012

Postby Nicholas Peircen » October 3rd, 2017, 9:42 am

Thomas Walker wrote:We have got rid of the BS stories which randomly filled the newsletter, only important stuff from now on.

Please enjoy.

Really nice read :) I'll read it in depth when I get home.

Assistant Sheriff Nicholas Peircen

Director of Command Team & Systems,
Serving the State since 1996.

Brett Carson
RC-RP Forum Name: Carson
Badge Number: #149

Postby Brett Carson » October 3rd, 2017, 9:42 am

Looks so sweet!

Emily Bett
RC-RP Forum Name: B3TT
Badge Number: #489

Postby Emily Bett » October 3rd, 2017, 9:47 am

Congratulations to Trixi and Nadler. Truly deserved it.
Great work with the newsletter.

Retired Detective Sergeant Emily Bett

** Supervisor Within Criminal Investigation Unit **
Serving the State since June 2017.

Mike Miller
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
RC-RP Forum Name: Mike Wilson
Badge Number: #575

Postby Mike Miller » October 3rd, 2017, 9:58 am

How exactly are the promotions based on the administrative/divisional effort work?

Sergeant Mike Miller

Commander of the Parking Enforcement Unit,
Supervisor of the Weapon Licensing Division,
Special Weapons and Tactics Senior Operative,
Emergency Services Detail Sergeant,
Master Field Training Deputy,

Serving the State since January 2017.

Previously: show
Captain Mike Miller
Morning Shift Commander,
Commander of the Canine Services Unit,
Director of the Patrol Services Unit,
Overwatch of the County Dispatch Unit,
Supervisor of the Field Training Unit,
Supervisor of the Weapon Licensing Unit,

Nicholas Peircen
Assistant Sheriff
Assistant Sheriff
RC-RP Forum Name: Smally
Badge Number: #012

Postby Nicholas Peircen » October 3rd, 2017, 10:08 am

Mason Nadler wrote:*

Contact me in-game later to arrange for your Deputy of the Month take home cruiser/vehicle.

Assistant Sheriff Nicholas Peircen

Director of Command Team & Systems,
Serving the State since 1996.

Dane Kasprowicz
RC-RP Forum Name: Sefer

Postby Dane Kasprowicz » October 3rd, 2017, 10:22 am

To add something, there should be something such as Demotions - for those for example who have DSIII and barely post a duty report, aren't in a division and so on. They shouldn't even hold that rank if there are more active members from them with a lower rank.

Just saying, not because I'm a DSII. Unsure if this is a thing already.
Deputy Sheriff Dane Kasprowicz
Administrative Services Bureau; (R&T) Field Training Unit

Noah Arnett
RC-RP Forum Name: Khaleesi
Badge Number: #488

Postby Noah Arnett » October 3rd, 2017, 10:25 am

Danny Valdez wrote:To add something, there should be something such as Demotions - for those for example who have DSIII and barely post a duty report, aren't in a division and so on. They shouldn't even hold that rank if there are more active members from them with a lower rank.

Just saying, not because I'm a DSII. Unsure if this is a thing already.

shhh it's ok

neat newsletter tbh i like this way better than the one from before
RET. 2nd LIEUTENANT NOAH ELLIOT ARNETT
Sheriff's Office— "Liberty and Justice Under Law."
Commanding Officer, Special Weapons Team
Director, Supervisory Staff

Matthew Robinson
Undersheriff
Undersheriff

Postby Matthew Robinson » October 3rd, 2017, 10:34 am

I'll take a look properly once I'm out of class but I'm not too fond of demoting people every other week because they haven't met a point threshold. The new system went live last night so I'm a bit busy with it. Like I say I'll take a proper look when I'm out of class.

Assistant Sheriff Matthew Robinson

Director of the Office of Field Services
Former Head of Criminal Investigation and Office of Administration,
Serving the State since November 2014.

Bo Trixie
RC-RP Forum Name: K3V
Badge Number: #022

Postby Bo Trixie » October 3rd, 2017, 11:09 am

Newsletters always seem to spark some new enthusiasm within the faction, lets hope that goes for sparking some motivation in those who are slacking off at the moment. It goes without saying people right up the chain of command are still falling short of what we expect as a faction in my personal opinion, but those who are indeed putting the effort in keep it up as you'll go far!

Marcus Nadler
Deputy Sheriff
Deputy Sheriff
RC-RP Forum Name: Nadlerson

Postby Marcus Nadler » October 3rd, 2017, 11:50 am

This award is given to Mason Nadler who has performed the best out of the Non-Commissioned bracket throughout the month of September.
His work so far with the Task Force and in CIU has been absolutely outstanding, and is one of the reasons our seizure statistics are doing outstanding.

Jeffrey May
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby Jeffrey May » October 3rd, 2017, 11:54 am

"however who we planned on directing the Unit has unfortunately left the State, so this may be something we have to go back on. This is still something we will keep in our heads regarding civilian PA members, but look out for a PA Director vacancy in the near future."

Ouch

Second Lieutenant Jeffrey May

Director of the Community Outreach Team,
Serving the State since 2017.

George Rhodes

Postby George Rhodes » October 3rd, 2017, 12:08 pm

I love the new format. Well done to everybody for their work in the SO so far.

Return to “2017 Newsletters”