[SACSO] Frequently Asked Questions

Moderators: Command Staff, Executive Staff, OoAS-R&T: Recruitment Unit, OoAS-R&T: Recruitment Unit Command

SA County Sheriff's Office

[SACSO] Frequently Asked Questions

Postby SA County Sheriff's Office » September 21st, 2017, 4:53 pm

| Frequently Asked Questions |1. Where is Dillimore Sheriff's Office located?

The Dillimore Sheriff's Office (DSO) is located at the very western part of Dillimore.

2. What are the stages of the recruitment process?

Stage 1: Application - All applicants will have to post an application in the SACSO Careers section.
Stage 2: Interview - Applicants will be invited to attend an In-Game interview
Stage 2.1: Interview - Applicant will be invited to Teamspeak to make sure their mice works and can clearly understand and speak English clearly.
Stage 3: Fitness Test - Applicants are invited to Dillimore Sheriff's Office to engage in a fitness test.
Stage 4: Academy - Once an applicant completes the recruitment process, they will move to the Academy stage.

3. What is the Red County Roleplay Emergency Services Teamspeak server address?

The server address is ts.redcountyrp.com:9111.

4. How does the interview work?

The interview is conducted in character at Dillimore's Office, you will be greeted by a Recruitment officer in the lobby and patted down in order that everyone in the building and the officer is safe, you'll then head to the Interview room where you will roleplay for a set amount of time and of course answer some mandatory questions..

The second half of the interview will be done VIA TeamSpeak to ensure you have a working microphone and can hold a conversation cleared - Please set your TeamSpeak name to "Applicant Name - Interview" and wait in the waiting area, a Recruitment officer will notice and make sure conduct it.

5. Where do I go to conduct my fitness test?

The fitness test is conducted in-game. You must head to Dillimore Sheriff's Office and contact a recruitment officer via the front desk (ring the bell) or contact our non-emergency hotline (911 -> Miscellaneous) to conduct the fitness test. While waiting, please return to the Recruitment Lobby and set your TeamSpeak name to "Applicant Name - Fitness Test".

6. My application, interview, or fitness test was denied by a recruitment officer. Is it possible to appeal this decision?

If you feel that the recruitment officer's decision was incorrect or unjustified, you may appeal the decision to the Director of Recruitment and Training by submitting an application appeal. For more information about the application appeal system, please refer to this thread.

7. What happens if I have been caught plagiarizing?

If you have been caught plagiarizing, it is an instant denial and you will be permanently blacklisted.
If you have a blacklist you can appeal by using this section

8. If I withdraw my application, can I use the same one for the next recruitment opening?

Yes, you can, but if the format has changed you will have to accommodate it with your old application.

9. What if I been unfairly treated within any part of the recruitment stage?

If you feel that the recruitment officer's decision was incorrect or unjustified, you may appeal the decision to the Director of Recruitment and Training by submitting an application appeal.

10. I have a criminal background. Can I still apply for the San Andreas County Sheriff Office?

Traffic offences may be discounted. People with a large record or felony charges will be denied.

11. When does the academy sessions start?

You can refer to the academy schedule here for information about the sessions.

12. I am not able to attend any of the academy dates. Is it possible to request a private academy?

Unfortunately, we do not offer private academies anymore. If you cannot commit to the academy schedule, it is advised that you submit your application on a future batch instead.

13. I have to go on vacation in two weeks. Is it possible to request an extension to the field training scheme?

Unfortunately, it is not possible to request an extension. The schedule is final and no extensions are granted. If you cannot commit to the academy schedule, it is advised that you submit your application on a future batch instead.

14. I used to be an academy student but did not make it through the academy stage. Do I have to go through the whole recruitment process again

All applicants will have to go through the whole recruitment process again due to a number of changes in the recruitment and academy systems.

15. I was a Deputy Sheriff Cadet (Former: Generalist) but failed the field training stage. Do I have to go through the whole recruitment process again?

If you failed the field training stage for any reason (including inactivity), you will have to go through the whole recruitment process once again.

16. I was a Deputy Sheriff Cadet (Former: Generalist) but had to resign during the field training stage. Do I have to go through the whole recruitment process again?

If you resigned during your field training period and it was finalized as an honourable discharge, you may be eligible to take part of the academy fast-track program. You will need to submit an academy application (not reinstatement) and go through a short interview with the Director of Recruitment and Training. If accepted, you will be skipping the fitness test and go through the academy as normal.

17. Can I use my old application to apply next batch?

No, it's simply outdated and wouldn't be to the standards we require, if you were denied you can appeal it, however, we expect originality not using your previous work.

Return to “Sheriff's Academy”